Yankee Doodle Dandy (Special Edition) (2-DVD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$21.88 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.11 (19% Off)|
- Documentaries Chronicling the Movie's Making and James Cagney's Career
- John Travolta Remembers James Cagney
- Leonard Maltin hosts Warner Night at the Movies 1942 with Newsreel, Dramatic Short, Cartoon and Cagney in Wartime Short You, John Jones and Theatrical Trailors
- Subtitles in English, French and Spanish
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 30, 2003
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||James Cagney, Joan Leslie, Walter Huston & Richard Whorf|
|Performer:||George Tobias, Irene Manning, Jeanne Cagney, Rosemary DeCamp, George Barbier & S.Z. Sakall|
|Directed by||Michael Curtiz|
|Edited by||George Amy|
|Screenplay by||Robert Buckner|
|Composition by||George M. Cohan, Ray Heindorf & Heinz Roemheld|
|Art Direction by||Carl Jules Weyl|
|Produced by||William Cagney|
|Director of Photography:||James Wong Howe|
|Executive Production by||Jack L. Warner & Hal B. Wallis|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...Sentimental, patriotic, and endlessly entertaining..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
James Cagney brilliantly essays the role of Cohan, a song-and-dance man who made his mark on the vaudeville stage at the young age of 13. Thereafter, he continued to rack up triumph after triumph -- until he became the first performer of the popular theater to win a Congressional Medal of Honor.
Along the way, he penned countless memorable tunes, including "Over There," "It's a Grand Old Flag," "Give My Regards to Broadway" and the film's rousing title number.
- YANKEE DOODLE DANDY was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1993.
- Copyright 1943 Warner Bros. Pictures Inc.
- According to the book INSIDE OSCAR, the film received a huge premiere--in which the best seats went for a whopping $25,000. YANKEE DOODLE DANDY continued to do well for Warner Bros., becoming the studio's top-grossing film.
- This was James Cagney's final film as a Warner Bros. contract player.
- Additional choreographer: John Boyle
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 155 ratings.
Being a HUGE JC fan, you have GOT to see this Award winning performance! Mr. GMC gave the movie his blessings (altho there are a few things that were exaggerated) but no matter. Jimmy is known for his epic gangster roles in Public Enemy/Roaring 20's & White Heat, but here we see what the Cag loved to do the best: sing & dance!
I charish an autographed pic of JC before he passed as well as a postcard of a painting he created. As he was also an artist. You'll always live in MY heart, JC!!!
- Sales Rank: 35,325
- UPC: 012569504127
- Shipping Weight: 0.38/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.