Muddy Waters The Muddy Waters Woodstock Album
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 28, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: MCA Special Products
Down Beat - 4/96, p.554 Stars - Very Good - "After a remarkable run of almost 30 years, the blues titan bid goodbye to Chess Records in 1975 with this strong recording made in the New York State artists community with help from local luminaries..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Why Are People Like That
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Going Down To Main Street
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Born With Nothing
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Caldonia
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Funny Sounds
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Love Deep As The Ocean
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Let The Good Times Roll
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Kansas City
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Fox Squirrel
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Muddy Waters (vocals, guitar); Joe Willie "Pinetop" Perkins (vocals, piano); Fred Carter (guitar, bass); Bob Margolin (guitar); Garth Hudson (saxophone,accordion, organ); Howard Johnson (saxophone); Paul Butterfield (harmonica); Levon Helm (bass,drums);
Recorded at Bearsville Turtle Creek Studio, Woodstock, New York, February 6 & 7, 1975. Includes liner notes by Chris Morris.
Personnel: Muddy Waters (vocals, guitar); Pinetop Perkins (vocals, piano); Fred Carter, Sammy Lawhorn, Bob Margolin (guitar); Paul Butterfield (harmonica); Garth Hudson (accordion, saxophone, organ, keyboards); Howard Johnson (saxophone); Levon Helm (drums).
Liner Note Author: Christopher Morris.
Recording information: Bearsville Sound Studios, New York, NY.
Part a follow-up to Muddy Waters' LONDON SESSIONS album (where he was fronting a band of British rock stars heavily influenced by him), part the result of Band drummer/singer Levon Helm and producer Henry Glover's desire to work with Waters, the 1975 WOODSTOCK ALBUM catches Waters in fine form. Waters sounds less fierce and menacing than on many of his albums, though no less forceful. In fact, Waters sounds relaxed (but NOT mellow!) and jovial, befitting the easygoing, R&B-styled program. The band, featuring the piano and vocals of Pinetop Perkins and the razor-sharp harmonica of Paul Butterfield, is tight, focused, and joyful. Waters' presence clearly inspires everyone to play at the top of their game. Everyone--Waters included--sounds as if the recording session was both a special occasion and a vacation from the dark-of-the-night-style of blues. As a bonus, there's a previously unreleased song, "Fox Squirrel." This is a welcome reissue of Waters' '70s work.
The Best of Chess Records: Original Versions of Songs in... (CD)(21)
$8.84 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Blues: Chicago Music Categories:
- Bernard Allison Funkifino (CD) ~ $8.98
Bad News Is Coming (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Blue Streak (CD)
$15.77 Super Savings
Love Me Mama (CD)
$14.32 Super Savings
- Luther Allison Luther's Blues (CD) ~ $9.89
Top ranking titles in the Blues genre:
- Lightnin' Hopkins From The Vaults of Everest Records, Part 3 - Mama And Papa Hopkins (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Elmore James Complete Fire & Enjoy Sessions, Part 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Goldband Blues Collection, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Clifford Jordan These Are My Roots: Clifford Jordan Plays Leadbelly (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- John Lee Hooker Gotham Golden Classics - The Rare Recordings (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE