Kitty Wells Country Music Hall of Fame Series
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 1999
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels
- 2.I Heard The Juke Box Playing
- 3.Icicles Hanging From Your Heart
- 4.My Cold, Cold Heart Is Melted Now
- 5.I Gave My Wedding Dress Away
- 6.Release Me
- 7.Making Believe
- 8.I'd Rather Stay Home
- 9.Searching (For Someone Like You)
- 10.I Can't Stop Loving You
- 11.Mommy For A Day
- 12.Amigo's Guitar
- 13.Heartbreak, U.S.A.
- 14.Will Your Lawyer Talk To God?
- 16.A Woman Half My Age
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Kitty Wells (vocals); Paul Yandell (electric guitar, guitar); Johnnie Wright (guitar, background vocals); Harold B. "Shot" Jackson (steel guitar, dobro); Bob Foster, Johnny Sibert, Pete Drake, Stu Basore (steel guitar); "Smilin" Eddie Hill, Herman Wade, John D. Loudermilk, Ray Edenton, Bill Phillips, Harold Bradley, James O'Dell Martin (guitar); Paul Warren, Benny Martin, Tommy Jackson, Ray Crisp (fiddle); Floyd Cramer (piano); Joe Zinkan (bass); Leo Taylor, Joe Taylor (drums); Ronnie Pugh (programming); The Jordanaires (background vocals); Jack Anglin.
Compilation producer: Country Music Foundation.
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee between May 1952 and May 1965. Includes liner notes by Ronnie Pugh.
This is part of MCA's Country Music Hall Of Fame Series.
Personnel: Kitty Wells (vocals, guitar); Eddie Hill, Herman Wade, Harold Bradley, John D. Loudermilk, Johnnie Wright, Paul Yandell, Ray Edenton (guitar); Johnny Sibert, Pete Drake, Stuart Basore, Bob Foster (steel guitar); Ray Crisp, Tommy Jackson (fiddle); Floyd Cramer (piano); Leo Bubba Taylor (drums); Ronnie Pugh (programming); The Jordanaires (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Ronnie Pugh.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (05/03/1952-05/25/1965).
Photographer: Matthew Barnes .
At only 16 songs this is a necessarily incomplete best-of collection (Wells has had more than 80 country chart hits), and it neglects the many smash duet records she made with Red Foley, Roy Acuff, and honky-tonk king Webb Pierce. Still, most everything here, recorded in her heyday between 1952 and 1965, is hard country heaven, from the original country woman's song "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky-Tonk Angels" to the divorce song to end all divorce songs "Will Your Lawyer Talk to God." Purists may prefer the '50s stuff (the first eight cuts), where the instrumentation is as sparse as if it was recorded on some back porch in Appalachia. But even when the production gets slicker, Wells' vocals here are the very essence of that high lonesome sound.
Kitty WellsThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$5.39 CYBER WEEK
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$5.39 CYBER WEEK
The Queen of Honky Tonk Angels: Four Complete Albums (2-CD)
$16.67 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,234
- UPC: 008811008123
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Loyal to the Game (CD) ~ $8.34 CYBER WEEK
- Rosalie Allen Versatile (CD) ~ $23.42 CYBER WEEK
- Terry Allen Lubbock (On Everything) (2-CD) ~ $16.73 CYBER WEEK
- American Aquarium Small Town Hymns (CD) ~ $13.08 CYBER WEEK
- Bill Anderson The First 10 Years: 1956-1966 (4-CD Box Set) ~ $104.61 CYBER WEEK
- Eddy Arnold I Really Don't Want to Know: 26 Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $17.04 CYBER WEEK