Kitty Wells Country Music Hall of Fame Series
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 1999
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels
- 2.I Heard The Juke Box Playing
- 3.Icicles Hanging From Your Heart
- 4.My Cold, Cold Heart Is Melted Now
- 5.I Gave My Wedding Dress Away
- 6.Release Me
- 7.Making Believe
- 8.I'd Rather Stay Home
- 9.Searching (For Someone Like You)
- 10.I Can't Stop Loving You
- 11.Mommy For A Day
- 12.Amigo's Guitar
- 13.Heartbreak, U.S.A.
- 14.Will Your Lawyer Talk To God?
- 16.A Woman Half My Age
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Kitty Wells (vocals); Paul Yandell (electric guitar, guitar); Johnnie Wright (guitar, background vocals); Harold B. "Shot" Jackson (steel guitar, dobro); Bob Foster, Johnny Sibert, Pete Drake, Stu Basore (steel guitar); "Smilin" Eddie Hill, Herman Wade, John D. Loudermilk, Ray Edenton, Bill Phillips, Harold Bradley, James O'Dell Martin (guitar); Paul Warren, Benny Martin, Tommy Jackson, Ray Crisp (fiddle); Floyd Cramer (piano); Joe Zinkan (bass); Leo Taylor, Joe Taylor (drums); Ronnie Pugh (programming); The Jordanaires (background vocals); Jack Anglin.
Compilation producer: Country Music Foundation.
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee between May 1952 and May 1965. Includes liner notes by Ronnie Pugh.
This is part of MCA's Country Music Hall Of Fame Series.
Personnel: Kitty Wells (vocals, guitar); Eddie Hill, Herman Wade, Harold Bradley, John D. Loudermilk, Johnnie Wright, Paul Yandell, Ray Edenton (guitar); Johnny Sibert, Pete Drake, Stuart Basore, Bob Foster (steel guitar); Ray Crisp, Tommy Jackson (fiddle); Floyd Cramer (piano); Leo Bubba Taylor (drums); Ronnie Pugh (programming); The Jordanaires (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Ronnie Pugh.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (05/03/1952-05/25/1965).
Photographer: Matthew Barnes .
At only 16 songs this is a necessarily incomplete best-of collection (Wells has had more than 80 country chart hits), and it neglects the many smash duet records she made with Red Foley, Roy Acuff, and honky-tonk king Webb Pierce. Still, most everything here, recorded in her heyday between 1952 and 1965, is hard country heaven, from the original country woman's song "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky-Tonk Angels" to the divorce song to end all divorce songs "Will Your Lawyer Talk to God." Purists may prefer the '50s stuff (the first eight cuts), where the instrumentation is as sparse as if it was recorded on some back porch in Appalachia. But even when the production gets slicker, Wells' vocals here are the very essence of that high lonesome sound.
Kitty WellsThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.84 LABOR DAY
Heart Of Country: 48 Classics Of Country & Western (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,097
- UPC: 008811008123
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Don't Tread on Me (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Evolver (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 From Chaos (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Country: Honkytonk Music Categories:
- Roy Acuff Columbia Historic Edition (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
- Roy Acuff The Essential 1936-1949 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Roy Acuff King of Country Music [TeeVee] (CD) ~ $12.06 LABOR DAY
- Roy Acuff The Very Best of Wabash Cannonball (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Charlie Adams Cattin' Around (CD) ~ $18.82 LABOR DAY