38 Special Tour De Force
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 22, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: A&M Super Budget
- $1.29 on iTunes1.If I'd Been The One
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Back Where You Belong
- $0.99 on iTunes3.One Time For Old Times
- $0.99 on iTunes4.See Me In Your Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Twentieth Century Fox
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Long Distance Affair
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Oughta Let Go
- $0.99 on iTunes8.One Of The Lonely Ones
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Undercover Lover
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
.38 Special: Don Barnes (vocals, guitar); Donnie Van Zandt (vocals); Jeff Carlisi (guitar); Larry Junstrom (bass); Jack Grondin, Steve Brookins (drums).
Recorded at Studio One, Doraville, Georgia.
Personnel: Don Barnes (vocals, guitar); Donnie Van Zant (vocals); Jeff Carlisi (guitar, steel guitar); Steve Brookins, Jack Grondin (drums); Carol Bristow, Lu Moss (background vocals).
Recording information: Studio One Doraville, GA.
Director: Mark Spector.
Photographers: Steve Prezant; Harrison Funk.
Unknown Contributor Role: Jimmy Markham.
.38 Special is a prime example of an AOR band with deep roots in Southern rock. The band hails from Florida, and vocalist Donnie Van Zant is the brother of none other than Lynyrd Skynyrd's Ronnie and Johnny Van Zant. The group's 1982 album, Special Forces, included the flawless Top Ten rocker "Caught Up in You," which injected the mainstream with a shot of much-needed grit. That album's follow-up, 1983's Tour De Force, upped the ante, showing the band's skills at their peak. Propelled by the effortless blend of melody and power stirred up by Van Zant, vocalist/guitarist Don Barnes, guitarist Jeff Carlisi, bassist Larry Junstrom, and drummers Steve Brookins and Jack Grondin, Tour De Force is loaded with irresistible hooks. The hit single, "If I'd Been the One," is a stunner steeped in passionate vocals and simple but highly effective rhythm and lead guitar parts. "Back Where You Belong," which was also a hit, is more of a straightforward pop/rock song. "I Oughta Let Go" is best described as country-rock -- or, better still, country-funk -- and the fun "Undercover Lover" is a sly, laid-back rocker. But the undiscovered gem here is "Twentieth Century Fox" (no, not the Doors song), a fantastic rocker with great guitar grooves, aggressive vocals, and clever lyrics. ~ Bret Adams
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Rock & Pop: Hard Rock Music Categories:
Anthem for the Underdog (CD)
$8.73 Super Savings
Nothing's Real (CD)
$14.82 Super Savings
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $17.08
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams (CD) ~ $12.56
38 Special 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of .38 Special (CD) ~
$4.12 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE