38 Special Rockin' Into The Night
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 3, 2003
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: A&M Super Budget
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Don Barnes (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, background vocals); Donnie Van Zant (vocals); Larry Junstrom (guitar); Jeff Carlisi (electric guitar, slide guitar); Terry Emery, Billy Powell (piano); Steve Brookins, Jack Grondin (drums, percussion); Dale Krantz-Rossington (background vocals).
Recording information: Studio One, Doraville, GA.
Photographers: Chuck Beeson; Mark Hanauer.
By its third album, .38 Special discovered how to fuse fun-lovin' Southern rock with a formula that would bring the band commercial attention. Even though the album failed to put a single into the Top 40, the songs gather more steam than the group's previous attempts and begin to show the talents of individual members, turning some of the attention away from the novelty of sporting two drummers. "Rockin' into the Night" is a clean-shaven, built-for-radio tune, boosted by Don Barnes and Jeff Carlisi's indiscrete guitar work, while "Stone Cold Believer" rocks a little harder with its gear-shifting guitar riff. But the evidence that .38 Special was progressing extends beyond the first two cuts. Tracks such as "Take Me Through the Night," "The Love That I've Lost," and "Turn It On" are sturdy, middle-of-the-road rockers, and they proved that Van Zant was indeed capable of giving the band's material enough vocal gusto to eventually break through. Rockin' into the Night cracked the Top 60 on the album charts, and by the next year .38 Special had its first big hit with "Hold on Loosely" from 1981's Wild Eyed Southern Boys. ~ Mike DeGagne
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Rock & Pop: Southern Rock Music Categories:
3 Doors Down Away from the Sun (CD) ~
$4.04 Super Savings
- 38 Special Rockin' Into the Night  (CD) ~ $8.98
- The Allman Brothers Band American University 12/13/70 (Live) (CD) ~ $12.58
The Allman Brothers Band S.U.N.Y. at Stonybrook: Stonybrook, NY 9/19/71 (Live) (2-CD) ~
$17.62 Super Savings
- Duane Allman An Anthology (2-CD) ~ $18.07
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE