|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 14, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: MCA Special Products
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Go
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Voice Of America
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Hard On Me
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Wishing
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Countdown To Zero
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Love Now Till Eternity
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Too Late
- $0.69 on iTunes8.Suspicion
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Rock And Roll Dream
- $0.99 on iTunes10.After The War
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Asia: John Wetton (vocals, bass); Mandy Meyer (guitar); Geoff Downes (keyboards); Carl Palmer (drums).
Personnel: John Wetton (vocals, keyboards, bass guitar); Mandy Meyer (guitar); Geoffrey Downes (keyboards); Carl Palmer (drums).
Audio Mixers: Mike "Clay" Stone ; Greg Ladanyi; Alan Douglas; Asia .
Recording information: Sarfm West Studios, London, England; Sarm West Studios, London, England; The Town House Studios; Townhouse Studios, London, England; Westside Studios, London, England.
Photographer: Willie Christie.
Arranger: Louis Clark.
Released in 1985, Astra is Asia's third studio album and first without guitarist Steve Howe. While somewhat unfairly regarded in comparison to Asia's first two albums, Astra is nonetheless a solid prog rock outing that finds bassist/vocalist John Wetton, keyboardist Geoff Downes, drummer Carl Palmer, and replacement guitarist, Krokus' Mandy Meyer, delivering a set of melodic and driving rock anthems. Admittedly, Astra came on the heels of a tumultuous period for the band that found Wetton unceremoniously booted and replaced by ELP singer Greg Lake right before the highly publicized 1983 live televised concert event Asia in Asia. By 1984, Wetton had been reinstated, but tensions remained and Howe eventually left the band early in the recording process for Astra. Featuring a slightly more arena rock and pop-metal sound, Astra featured two Top Ten singles in the epic "Go" and the dramatic "Too Late." Elsewhere, there was a handful of similarly radio-ready cuts, including the sparkling George Harrison-sounding "Hard On Me," the '50s-influenced synth balladry of "Wishing," and the grand and symphonic rock theatrics of the very Queen-esque "Rock and Roll Dream." Certainly, while Asia is at its best with the original lineup, Astra is a truly underrated '80s rock album and a must-hear for fans. ~ Matt Collar
Rock of the 80's [Universal Special Products] (CD)(2)
$5.97 on SALE
The Very Best of Heat of The Moment (1982-1990) (CD)(54)
$7.71 Super Savings
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 49 ratings.
Based on 49 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection series:
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Jukebox Hits of The '60s - Rockin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop As Seen On TV, Volume 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Argent Hold Your Head Up (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE