John Mayall Bare Wires [Rebound]
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 13, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: UMVD Special Markets
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers: John Mayall (vocals, harmonica, piano, harpsichord, organ, harmonium, guitar); Mick Taylor (guitar, Hawaiian guitar); Henry Lowther (violin, cornet); Dick Heckstall-Smith (soprano & tenor saxophones); Chris Mercer (tenor & baritone saxophones); Tony Reeves (acoustic & electric basses); Jon Hiseman (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Decca Studios, London, England in April 1968. Includes liner notes by John Tracy.
Personnel: John Mayall (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano, harpsichord, harmonium, organ); Mick Taylor (guitar); Henry Lowther (violin, cornet); Dick Heckstall-Smith (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Chris Mercer (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Tony Reeves (bass guitar); Jon Hiseman (drums, percussion).
Liner Note Author: John Tracy.
Recording information: Decca Studios, West Hampstead, London, England (04/03/1968-04/30/1968).
Photographers: Peter Smith ; Jan Persson.
One of Mayall's bravest and best changes of style and line-ups. He enlisted some of the cream of the British jazz movement (Henry Lowther, Dick Heckstall Smith, Chris Mercer) who, together with drummer Jon Hiseman, made a formidable, brassy album. Mayall's lyrics, although often obscured by the great musicianship, were also notable, as this was a highly reflective time in his life. The album is best enjoyed complete, as the links between songs are vital to its enjoyment, especially the Bare Wires suite containing the sad but beautiful "I Know Now." Guitarist Mick Taylor added the obligatory but indispensible lead breaks. Very probably his finest album.
Blowin' the Blues [Universal Special Products] (CD)(2)
$5.97 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 12,600
- UPC: 731452020628
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Blues: Texas / West Coast Music Categories:
Dave Allen Color Blind (CD) ~
$9.90 Super Savings
- Anson Funderburgh The Best of Blast Off (CD) ~ $8.29
- Marcia Ball Live! Down the Road (CD) ~ $16.18
- Marcia Ball The Tattooed Lady & The Alligator Man (CD) ~ $16.18
Tab Benoit Fever For the Bayou (CD) ~
$10.56 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Blues genre:
- Sonny Terry Gotham Record Sessions (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Lightnin' Hopkins From The Vaults of Everest Records, Part 3 - Mama And Papa Hopkins (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- John Lee Hooker The Best of John Lee Hooker (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Old Town Records Presents City Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Shines Traditional Delta Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE