Willie Nelson Gospel Favorites
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 13, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: MCA Special Products
- 1.By The Rivers Of Babylon
- 2.Stand By Me
- 3.It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)
- 4.In God's Eyes
- 5.There Shall Be Showers Of Blessings
- 6.Tell It To Jesus
- 7.Family Bible
- 8.Revive Us Again
- 9.Softly And Tenderly
- 10.Kneel At The Feet Of Jesus
Personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar).
Those whose knowledge of country music history begins with Travis Tritt (or even Hank Williams, Jr.) probably have a hard time understanding what "outlaw country" meant in the late-'60s/early-'70s. Willie Nelson, along with people like Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson pioneered the movement, offering a gritty, rootsy, long-haired, rock-informed alternative to the Billy Sherrill-produced, strings-and-choir-laden Nashville pap that was being pumped out to the country audience. Nelson had already been kicking around for quite a while, penning hits for others (most notably Patsy Cline's "Crazy" and Faron Young's "Hello Walls"), but unable to make a mark as a solo artist. Eventually, he decided to see what would happen if he let his hair down (both figuratively and literally) to appeal to the younger generation. On milestone albums like PHASES AND STAGES and RED HEADED STRANGER, his approach defined "progressive country," retaining a raw, authentic sound without adhering to Nashville strictures.
By the '70s, he had become a unique stylist who owed little to any one genre. His jazzy nylon-string guitar and relaxed croon proved infinitely adaptable. He tackled standards to fine effect on STARDUST and SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW. By the '80s, he was a pop icon on a par with Sinatra or Streisand, cutting duets with decidedly non-country artists like Julio Iglesias, as well as collaborating with Kristofferson, Jennings and Johnny Cash in the country supergroup the Highwaymen.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 41,700
- UPC: 076742078423
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Don't Tread on Me (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Evolver (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 From Chaos (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Country Music Categories:
- Roy Acuff The King of Country Music: The Complete Foundation Recordings 1936-1951 [Box Set] (9-CD + DVD + Book) ~ $253.09
- Roy Acuff The Prodigal Son (CD) ~ $17.32
Jay Boy Adams
Let It Go (CD)
$13.08 Super Savings
Follow the Lights (CD)
$8.84 Super Savings
America the Beautiful (CD)
$8.03 Super Savings