- Two Commemorative 50th-Anniversary Documentaries: The Rhedosaurs and the Roller Coaster: Making The Beast and Harryhausen & Bradbury: An Unfathomable Friendship
- Languages: English and French
- Subtitles in English, French and Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Mono - English
- Mono - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "The Rhedosaurus and the Roller Coaster: Making the Beast"
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Near the Arctic Circle, an atomic bomb is detonated. This fearsome experiment disturbs the sleep of a giant rhedosaurus encased in ice over 100-million years and sends it southward on a destructive, deadly rampage.
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is a film of firsts. It spawned a new era of atomic-age creature features. It was the first screen adaptation of a work by fantasy fiction titan Ray Bradbury. And it marked the first time Ray Harryhausen had total control over special effects. he came up with a fantastic creature (constructed at full scale, all 50 tons of it) that swims down from the north to run amok through New York City before being conquered in a spectacular Coney Island roller-coaster finale. Take a classic ride. Unleash The Beast.
A long-hibernating and ostensibly extinct rhedosaurus is roused from his eternal slumber by an atomic blast. Emerging from the sea, the rhedosaurus wreaks havoc in every direction, leveling cities and amusement parks in his path. Based on Ray Bradbury's short story "The Fog Horn."