Humble Pie Rock On
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.76 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 22, 2009
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: UMVD Special Markets
Rolling Stone - 5/13/71, p.46"...Probably the greatest talent in the group is Peter Frampton...he is a strong and sensitive vocalist and a great writer, but he really stands out as a guitarist..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Shine On
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Sour Grain
- $0.99 on iTunes3.79th and Sunset
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Stone Cold Fever
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Rollin' Stone
- $0.99 on iTunes6.A Song For Jenny
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Light
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Big George
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Strange Days
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Red Neck Jump
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Humble Pie: Steve Marriott (vocals, guitar, harp, keyboards); Peter Frampton (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Greg Ridley (vocals, guitar, bass); Jerry Shirley (keyboards, drums).
Additional personnel: Alexis Korner (vocals); B.J. Cole (pedal steel guitar); Bobby Keys (saxophone).
Recorded at Olympic Sound Studios, London, England in January 1971.
Personnel: Steve Marriott (vocals, guitar, harp, harmonica, keyboards); Peter, Peter Frampton (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Greg Ridley (vocals, guitar); Doris Troy, Alexis Korner, P.P. Arnold, Claudia Lennear (vocals); B.J. Cole (steel guitar, pedal steel guitar); Bobby Keys (saxophone); Jerry Shirley (keyboards, drums).
Audio Mixer: Glyn Johns.
Recording information: Olympic Sound Studios, London, England (01/1971); Olympic Studios, London, England (01/1971).
Photographer: John Kelly.
Unknown Contributor Role: Greg Ridley.
This was the last album by the classic Humble Pie lineup featuring Peter Frampton, who quit shortly after the tour documented on PERFORMANCE--ROCKIN' THE FILLMORE. Frampton departed because of artistic differences with co-founder Steve Marriott--he felt that the acoustic semi-pop songs he favored were being crowded out by a reliance on Led Zeppelin-style guitar rock.
ROCK ON, however, is still reasonably split between the two styles. Highlights include Frampton's melodic and gospel-ish "Shine On," Marriott's Faces-style boogie "79th and Sunset" (featuring the immortal line "There'll be some dramas inside her pajamas tonight"), and a convincing version of Howlin' Wolf's "Rollin' Stone."
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.77 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Will You Love Me Tomorrow: The Girl Groups of 50s & 60s... (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$6.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Johnny Mathis The Best of Johnny Mathis (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE