House of Wax (1953) / Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) (Full Screen)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.56 (30% Off)|
More products that might interest you:
- House of Wax Premiere Newsreel
- Theatrical Trailer House of Wax Languages: English, French and Spanish House of Wax Subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Bahasa, Thai & Korean Mystery of the Wax Museum Subtitles in English, French and Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 5, 2003
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Mono - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Frank Lovejoy, Phyllis Kirk, Carolyn Jones, Charles Bronson, Paul Picerni, Roy Roberts, Angela Clarke, Paul Cavanagh & Dabbs Greer|
|Directed by||André De Toth|
|Edited by||Rudi Fehr|
|Screenwriting by||Crane Wilbur & Charles S. Belden|
|Composition by||David Buttolph|
|Produced by||Bryan Foy|
|Director of Photography:||Bert Glennon & J. Peverell Marley|
"[O]ne of the most popular 3-D movies..."
"[W]ith Vincent Price on fine form as a mutilated, murderous maniac..."
"Unlike many of the hastily assembled 3-D projects that followed it, HOUSE OF WAX was carefully designed to take maximum advantage of the medium's unusual properties. The film employs a full range of imaginative shock effects..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The sweet dread and sheer fun of this creepy classic, co-starring Phyllis Kirk, Carolyn Jones and Charles Bronson and directed by Andre de Toth, had its roots in a Warner Bros. chiller from 20 years before: Mystery of the Wax Museum, starring Lionel Atwill as the wax-wielding madman and Fay Wray as a potential victim. Directed by Michael Curtiz and shot in a chillingly effective early two-color Technicolor process, it and its spooky remake offer you a delicious double-dip in a paraffin bath of terror.
- When theatrically re-issued, "House of Wax" received an MPAA GP rating.
- Filmed in Technicolor and Stereophonic sound.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Andre de Toth had one eye while directing the film and was unable to enjoy the groundbreaking 3-D effects.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 131 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 21,363
- UPC: 883929091485
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD:
- The Decade You Were Born: The 40s - A Decade of War & Invention (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 60s - A Decade of Hope & Promise (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 50s - A Decade of Change in America (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- WWII - Eagle Against the Sun: 10-Part Series of the War with Japan (2-DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Petrified Forest (DVD) ~ $6.98 on SALE