Sublime 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Sublime
14 copies available
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$3.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Sublime ~ 40 Oz. To Freedom ~ $9.72
- by Sublime ~ Icon ~ $4.92
- by Sublime ~ Robbin' the Hood ~ $3.99
- by Sublime ~ Second Hand Smoke ~ $7.38
- by Sublime ~ Sublime ~ $7.24
Products with a similar style:
- Released: October 29, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Geffen Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Sublime: Bradley Nowell (vocals, guitar); Eric Wilson (organ, bass); Bud Gaugh (drums).
Additional personnel: Gwen Stefani (vocals).
Producers: Miguel, Paul Leary, David Kahne.
Compilation producer: Beth Stempel.
Includes liner notes by Blaine Kaplan.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of MCA Records "20th Century Masters The Millenium Collection" series.
Personnel: Bradley Nowell (vocals, guitar); Gwen Stefani (vocals); Todd Foreman (saxophone); Duane Hartman (alto saxophone); Chris Hauser (trumpet); Nick Martin, Jon Blondell (trombone); David Kahne (piano); Eric Wilson (organ); Marshall Goodman (drums, turntables); Bud Gaugh (drums); Field Marshall (programming, turntables); Dave Aron (programming).
Audio Mixers: David Kahne; Paul Leary; Warren Fitzgerald .
Liner Note Author: Blaine Kaplan.
Photographers: John Dunne; Josh Coffman.
In something of a departure for the 20TH CENTURY MASTERS series, usually associated with classic pop performers, California ska-punk artists Sublime are here given the greatest hits treatment. A bridge between the late-1980s ska-punk revival and the later poppier efforts of acts such as Barenaked Ladies, the band split following the death of its singer Brad Nowell in 1996, but its influence and energy are still very much apparent in this collection.
With only three albums to choose from, the compilation's 10 tracks are a fairly comprehensive overview of Sublime's eight-year career. The proceedings kick off with "Date Rape," a lurid yet oddly perky number that recalls the early days of UK ska rockers the Specials, both musically and in its social commentary. The rest of the release skews towards the band's pop-reggae output, including "What I Got" and "Santeria." Devoid of the flashy production tricks of many of its peers, Sublime's punky California reggae party sound wears well, and this BEST OF... is a good entry point for further investigation.
Wetlands Preserved: The Story of an Activist Nightclub (DVD)
$10.50 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Hardcore / Punk: SKA Music Categories:
- Against All Authority 24 Hour Roadside Resistance (CD) ~ $12.58 CYBER WEEK
- Against All Authority Against All Authority / Common Rider (CD) ~ $12.58 CYBER WEEK
- Against All Authority All Fall Down (CD) ~ $12.58 CYBER WEEK
- Against All Authority Exchange (CD) ~ $12.58 CYBER WEEK
- The Aquabats Charge!! (CD) ~ $10.78 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK