The Best of Blues Guitars - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$0.60 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Etta James ~ 20th Century Masters: The Best of Etta James Millennium Collection ~ $4.77
- by Bobby "Blue" Bland ~ Greatest Hits, Volume 1: The Duke Recordings ~ $9.72
- by B.B. King ~ Greatest Hits [MCA] ~ $7.38
- by Various Artists ~ Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: The Best of the Blues ~ $17.08
- Released: June 24, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Chess
- 1.Muddy WatersI Just Want To Make Love To You
- 2.Jimmy RogersThat's All Right
- 3.John Lee HookerWalkin' The Boogie
- 4.Bo DiddleyWho Do You Love?
- 5.Buddy GuyFirst Time I Met The Blues
- 6.Elmore JamesTalk To Me Baby (I Can't Hold Out)
- 7.Sonny Boy WilliamsonCheckin' Up On My Baby
- 8.Albert CollinsFrosty
- 9.Bobby "Blue" BlandStormy Monday Blues
- 10.Howlin' WolfKilling Floor
- 11.John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric ClaptonAll Your Love
- 12.B.B. KingLucille
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Mary Katherine Aldin.
This is part of "20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection" series.
Personnel: Elmore James, Jimmy Rogers , John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Bo Diddley (vocals, guitar); Sonny Boy Williamson II (vocals, harmonica); John Mayall (vocals, keyboards); Bobby "Blue" Bland (vocals); Eric Clapton, Homesick James Williamson, Hubert Sumlin, Irving Ashby, Jody Williams, Luther Tucker, Robert Lockwood, Jr., Wayne Bennett (guitar); Little Walter (harmonica); J.T. Brown (saxophone); Henry Hayes (alto saxophone); Jarrett Gibson, Bob Neely, Big Tiny, Arnold Rogers, Bobby Forte (tenor saxophone); Donald Hankins (baritone saxophone); Frank Mitchell (trumpet); Skippy Brooks, Johnny Jones , Lafayette Leake, Little Brother Montgomery, Lloyd Glenn, Otis Spann (piano); Walter McNeil, Maxwell Street Jimmy Davis (organ); Clifton James, Fred Below, Herbert Henderson, Henry "Sneaky Joe" Harris , John Starks, Sam Lay, Hughie Flint, Jesse Sailes (drums); Jerome Green (maracas).
Liner Note Author: Mary Katherine Aldin.
Recording information: Chicago, IL (08/15/1950-12/20/1967); Detroit, MI (08/15/1950-12/20/1967); Houston (08/15/1950-12/20/1967); London, England (08/15/1950-12/20/1967); Los Angeles, CA (08/15/1950-12/20/1967); Nashville, TN (08/15/1950-12/20/1967).
Photographers: Ernest C. Withers; Brian Smith .
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Blues Guitar collects 12 remastered tracks from the vaults of Chess, Duke, Deram, and BluesWay Records. This package includes classic performances from such legends as Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Bo Diddley, Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, and John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton. No suprises here -- just a great primer collection for the blues novice or a great sounding disc, perfect for summer crusing, for blues fanatics. ~ Al Campbell
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!