Conway Twitty The Best of Conway Twitty, Volume 2 - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.28 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.71 (61% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Conway Twitty ~ 16 Biggest Hits ~ $7.19
by Conway Twitty ~ 20 Greatest Hits [Compendia] ~ $8.98
by Conway Twitty / Loretta Lynn ~ The Best of Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection $4.31
by Conway Twitty ~ Final Recordings Greatest Hits, Volume 2 $5.12
by Conway Twitty ~ Hello Darlin' [MCA Special Products] ~ $5.97
- Released: August 7, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Next In Line
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Fifteen Years Ago
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man
- $1.29 on iTunes4.I See The Want To In Your Eyes
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Play, Guitar Play
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Don't Take It Away
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Happy Birthday Darlin'
- $0.99 on iTunes8.A Bridge That Just Won't Burn
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Red Neckin' Love Makin' Night
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Julia
- $1.29 on iTunes11.That's My Job
- $0.99 on iTunes12.She's Got A Single Thing In Mind
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers include: Owen Bradley, David Barnes, Ron Chancey, Jimmy Bowen, Conway Twitty.
Compilation producer: Andy McKaie.
Tracks recorded between 1968 and 1989. Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle.
Digitally remastered by Doug Schwartz (Audio Mechanics, Los Angeles, California).
This is part of the MCA Records 20th Century Masters series.
Audio Remasterer: Doug Schwartz.
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Photographer: Wayne Knight.
nitially heavily influenced by the rock & roll of Elvis Presley, Conway Twitty truly came into his own as a country singer in the 1970s and '80s. Twitty's greatest contribution to country music was his ballad singing. Don Gibson's "I Can't Stop Loving You" is a great example of Twitty's gift for slow songs. On this selection, Twitty's hearty baritone is both passionate and fragile. Additionally, the crying pedal-steel accompaniment adds intensity to the painful story being told, and the background vocals bring profound climax to the tune's hook.
Twitty's best recorded moments are probably with Loretta Lynn, with whom he collaborated often. On this BEST OF collection, their hit "After the Fire Is Gone" shows the terrific rapport between these two vocalists. A song about an extramarital affair and life's tender goodbyes, "After the Fire Is Gone" is, at heart, a time-honored "drinking and cheating" tune, and it fits nicely along side the like-minded repertoire of George Jones, Ray Price, and others. If you're new to Twitty's music, this compilation is a great place to start.
Conway Twitty20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.31 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash The Singing Storyteller / The Rough Cut King of Country Music (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE