Traffic The Best of Traffic - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$3.85 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.13 (68% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 20, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Island
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Paper Sun
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Heaven Is In Your MInd
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Dear Mr. Fantasy
- $1.29 on iTunes4.You Can All Join In
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Feelin' Alright?
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Pearly Queen
- $1.29 on iTunes7.(Roamin' Thro' The Gloamin' With) 40.000 Headman
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Shanghai Noodle Factory
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Empty Pages
- 10.The Low Spark Of High-Heeled Boys
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Traffic: Steve Winwood (vocals, guitar, piano, harpsichord, organ, bass); Dave Mason (guitar, sitar, tamboura, shakkai, Mellotron, harmonica, bass, background vocals); Chris Wood (flute, saxophone, organ, percussion, background vocals); Rick Grech (bass); Jim Capaldi (drums, tambourine, percussion, background vocals); Jim Gordon (drums); Reebop Kwaku Baah (percussion).
Producers: Jimmy Miller, Steve Winwood, Chris Blackwell.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Recorded at Olympic, Morgan, Island Studios, London, England and The Record Plant, New York, New York between 1967 & 1971. Includes liner notes by Dave Thompson.
This is part of Universal Records "20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection" series.
Personnel: Dave Mason (vocals, guitar, sitar, tamboura, harmonica, Mellotron, bass guitar); Steve Winwood (vocals, guitar, piano, harpsichord, organ, bass guitar, percussion); Chris Wood (vocals, flute, saxophone, organ, percussion); Jim Capaldi (vocals, drums, tambourine, percussion); Rick Grech (bass guitar); Jim Gordon (drums); Rebop Kwaku Baah (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Dave Thompson .
Recording information: Island Studios, London, England (04/1967-09/1971); Morgan Studios, London, England (04/1967-09/1971); Olympic Studios, London, England (04/1967-09/1971); Record Plant Studios, NY (04/1967-09/1971).
Traffic's installment of 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection rounds up ten of the group's biggest songs, concentrating heavily on their first two albums, with the first seven coming from Mr. Fantasy or Traffic, which isn't an entirely bad thing, because that's when the band concentrated on individual tunes more than long, extended jams. It's also when classics like "Paper Sun," "Dear Mr. Fantasy," "Feelin' Alright," "You Can All Join In," and "Pearly Queen" were recorded, and those are what propels this collection and makes it worthwhile as a sampler. The only tracks casual fans would wish are here are "Glad" (which really should be here) and "Freedom Rider," but if they want those that badly, they should spend the extra money and get the comprehensive 15-track collection Feelin' Alright: The Very Best of Traffic. Many may find they'd rather stick with this very fine mid-priced sampler. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
The Best of Folk - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Kac-Ties The Very Best of The Kac-Ties (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE