Styx 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Styx
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.75 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.23 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Kansas ~ The Best of Kansas ~ $7.18
- by Boston ~ Greatest Hits ~ $7.18
- by Styx ~ Greatest Hits ~ $11.68
- by R.E.O. Speedwagon ~ The Hits ~ $7.18
- by Foreigner ~ No End In Sight: The Very Best of Foreigner (2-CD) ~ $16.59
Products with a similar style:
- Jefferson Starship / Paul Kantner Blows Against The Empire (Expanded Edition) (CD) ~ $10.79
- Released: May 17, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: A&M
- 1.Too Much Time On My Hands
- 2.Come Sail Away
- 3.Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)
- 5.Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)
- 6.Mr. Roboto
- 7.Boat On The River
- 8.The Best of Times
- 11.Show Me The Way
Styx includes: Dennis DeYoung (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Tommy Shaw (acoustic & electric guitars, synthesizer, background vocals); John Curulewski (guitar, synthesizer, background vocals); Glen Burtnik, James Young (guitar, background vocals); Chuck Panozzo (bass, background vocals); John Panozzo (drums, percussion, background vocals).
Producers: Styx, Dennis DeYoung.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Recorded between 1975 & 1990. Includes liner notes by Robert H. Garcia.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of A & M Records "20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection" series.
Personnel: John Curulewski (vocals, guitar, synthesizer); Glen Burtnik, James "Jockey" Young (vocals, guitar); Tommy Shaw (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synthesizer); Dennis DeYoung (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Chuck Panozzo (vocals, bass guitar); John Panozzo (vocals, drums, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Marc Hauser.
Photographers: Jim McCray; Marc Hauser.
Assembled with the cooperation of the band, Styx's entry in Universal's 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection series of discount-priced best-of's, surveys the group's tenure at A&M Records, where they scored most of their popular success. Of course, the early hit "Lady," recorded for RCA-distributed Wooden Nickel Records (and thus in the vaults of rival major label BMG), is not included. Neither are the Top Ten hit "Don't Let It End," or the Top 20 hit "Renegade" (mistakenly called a Top Ten hit in the liner notes). But the rest of Styx's big A&M hits -- "Too Much Time on My Hands," "Come Sail Away," "Mr. Roboto," "The Best of Times," "Babe," "Show Me the Way" -- are on the disc, along with several Top 40 entries and the popular album track "Boat on the River," from 1979's Cornerstone LP. Now, fans reluctant to put out the money for Styx's two volumes of Greatest Hits can have the bulk of their radio hits on one inexpensive album. ~ William Ruhlmann
Spanky & Our GangThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Hard Rock Treasures - A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Rock 'n'... (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Breeze: Soft Pop Of The '70S & '80S (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Let's Get It On: '70s R&B (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE