- Released: October 10, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Motown
- 1.My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- 2.I've Lost Everything I've Ever Loved
- 3.I'm So Glad I Fell For You
- 4.Each Day Is A Lifetime
- 5.I Miss You - Pt. 1
- 6.Common Man
- 7.Walk Away From Love
- 8.Statue Of A Fool
- 9.Everything's Coming Up Love
- 10.Heavy Love
- 11.Just Let Me Hold You For A Night
- 12.A Nite At The Apollo Live! The Way You Do The Things You Do / My Girl
Producers: Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol, Berry Gordy, Henry Crosby, Van McCoy.
Compilation producer: Harry Weinger.
Includes liner notes by Stu Hackel.
Digitally remastered by Suha Gur (Universal Mastering Studios East).
The late David Ruffin's solo career was spotty; after scoring out-the-box with "My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)" he hit a dry spell before detonating again with "Walk Away From Love." He never had a string of hits, or even a back-to-back-to-back run. Some of his best material went unnoticed on albums that didn't exactly draw buyers to Peaches or Coconuts in droves. These 12 songs chronicle Ruffin's "hits" and should satisfy those who want a bit of Ruffin sans the Tempts to accent their CD bins. But fans of the thin, bespectacled, troubled singer are left wanting, seemingly in vain, for that definitive David Ruffin collection. Highlights include the two big hits, his majestic "Just Let Me Hold You for a Night," and a live Temptations medley accompanied by Eddie Kendricks, Daryl Hall and John Oates recorded at the Apollo Theater. ~ Andrew Hamilton