Rossington Collins Band The Best of Rossington Collins Band - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.64 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Head East ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.84
- by Outlaws ~ The Best of The Green Grass & High Tides ~ $7.44
- by Blackfoot ~ Greatest Hits ~ $5.34
- by Molly Hatchet ~ Greatest Hits [Expanded] ~ $6.14
- Released: March 24, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: MCA
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Prime Time
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Don't Misunderstand Me
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Opportunity
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Getaway
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Sometimes You Can Put It Out
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Tashauna
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Pine Box
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Fancy Ideas
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Seems Like Everyday
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Next Phone Call
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Just Trouble
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Don't Let The City Make You Crazy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Rossington-Collins Band: Gary Gossington, Allen Collins (guitar); Barry Lee Harwood (vocals, guitar); Dale Krantz (vocals); Billy Powell (keyboards); Leon Wilkeson (bass); Derek Hess (drums).
Producers: Gary Rossington, Allen Collins, Barry Harwood, Jimmy Johnson.
Compilation producer: Mike Ragogna.
Includes liner notes by Scott Schinder.
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Photographer: Frank Laffitte.
When the plane carrying Lynyrd Skynyrd went down, it was the day the music died for many Southern rock fans. Ronnie VanZant, the guiding light of Skynyrd, was gone, as was guitarist Steve Gaines -- both taken at the peak of the band's popularity. And while a Skynyrd demo collection was rushed out in 1978, the Rossington Collins Band essentially provided the final chapter in the original Lynyrd Skynyrd story. Along with new singer Dale Krantz, four of the surviving members -- guitarists Gary Rossington and Allen Collins along with keyboard player Billy Powell and bassist Leon Wilkeson -- regrouped and recorded two albums, 1980's Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere and This Is the Way, released in 1982. The ongoing MCA series 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection collects the best tracks from those two albums plus a few tracks from itinerant projects from Rossington and Collins later in the decade. Their most popular tracks are here, "Prime Time" and "Don't Misunderstand Me," but it's "Tashauna" -- a tribute to VanZant -- that remains the most resonant moment for the band. Hardcore fans will certainly search out the full albums, but for anyone wondering what happened to these Skynyrd vets after the tragic turns of their late-'70s demise (and before their re-emergence in the '90s), this is a great place to start. ~ Wade Kergan
Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere / This Is the Way (2-CD)(23)
$16.04 Super Savings
S.U.N.Y. at Stonybrook: Stonybrook, NY 9/19/71 (Live) (2-CD)(75)
$17.62 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE