The Best of Kenny Rogers - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
Universal Music 20th Century Masters (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Patsy Cline ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.84
- by Diana Ross & The Supremes ~ The Best of Volume 2 - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.34
Products with a similar style:
- Released: March 9, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.Crazy In Love
- 3.She Believes In Me
- 4.You Decorated My Life
- 5.The Gambler
- 7.Someone Who Cares
- 8.Something's Burning
- 9.Tell It All Brother
- 10.Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
- 11.Reuben James
- 12.Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In)
Personnel: Kenny Rogers (vocals); The First Edition.
Producers include: Larry Butler, Kenny Rogers, Jimmy Bowen, Mike Post, Glen D. Hardin.
Compilation producers: Pat Lawrence, Dana Smart.
Recorded between 1968 & 1991. Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
This is part of "20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection" series.
There certainly has been no shortage of Kenny Rogers compilations over the years -- some might even say there's been a surplus -- all covering essentially the same territory, mixing up his solo hits from the late '70s and early '80s with cuts from the late '60s when he fronted the First Edition. Hip-O's 2004 collection 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection uses that same approach, but it's better than nearly all of the collections currently on the market since it contains nearly all the big hits -- "Lady," "She Believes in Me," "You Decorated My Life," "The Gambler," "Lucille," "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town," "Ruben James," "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In)" -- on an affordable single disc. Yes, the 1991 track "Crazy in Love" may be an odd opener even if it was a number one adult contemporary hit, key duets like "Don't Fall in Love With a Dreamer" and "Islands in the Stream" aren't here, "Coward of the County" is missed, and some may complain about the reverse chronological order of the set, but compared to all CD-era Kenny compilations outside of the 1999 four-disc box set Through the Years, this shines in terms of song selection and listenability, and upon its release was the best available single-disc Kenny Rogers compilation. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Heart Of Country: 48 Classics Of Country & Western (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE