- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Stereo Surround - English
- Stereo Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 09/18/1995
"...A warmhearted, small-scale comedy that is hard to resist....[The] film has a gentle kindness..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/01/1996
"...The film is nicely directed by Alan Taylor, with numerous likable and amusing touches..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/27/1996
"...PALOOKAVILLE understands a kind of low-key humor based on human nature..."
Three friends decide to embark on a life of crime. But with their only criminal experience gleaned from what they've seen on television, the heist of the decade these fellows have planned may very well turn into the flop of the century. Winner of Best Picture Prize at the 1995 Venice Film Festival.
Sid, Russ and Jerry are three working-class, slightly dense, likeable average Joes. They are also aspiring criminals, who continually find ways to screw up their would-be thefts. Undeterred, the members of this luckless gang decide to end their days of poverty by attempting a major heist of an armored car -- using toy guns. Can the bumbling palookas pull off this seemingly impossible feat'
Black Comedy |
Theatrical Release |
- A Redwave Films production.
- Screened at the 1995 Venice Film Festival (Fast Lane).
- The film's characters were taken from screenwriter David Epstein's play "Exact Change".
- The film's plot was inspired by three stories written by Italo Calvino.