New York Dolls The Best of New York Dolls - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.28 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.71 (61% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 17, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Island / Mercury
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Personality Crisis
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Looking For A Kiss
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Trash
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Pills
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Jet Boy
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Lone Star Queen
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Babylon
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Stranded In The Jungle
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Puss 'N' Boots
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Don't Start Me Talking
- $0.99 on iTunes11.(There's Gonna Be A) Showdown
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
New York Dolls: David Johansen (vocals, harmonica, gong); Sylvain Sylvain (guitar, piano, background vocals); Johnny Thunders (guitar, background vocals); Arthur Harold Kane (bass); Jerry Nolan (drums, percussion).
Producers: Todd Rundgren, Shadow Morton, Paul Nelson.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Includes liner notes by Dave Thompson.
This is part of Universal's "20th Century Masters: The Millenium Collection" series.
Personnel: Sylvain Sylvain (vocals, guitar, piano); Johnny Thunders (vocals, guitar); David Johansen (vocals, harmonica, gong); Jerry Nolan (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Joseph M. Palmaccio.
Recording information: A&R Studios, New York, NY (04/1973-02/1974); Record Plant Studios, NY (04/1973-02/1974).
Photographer: Bob Gruen.
Arranger: New York Dolls.
This volume of the 20th Century Masters series attempts to be a good, low-priced introduction to the New York Dolls. The collection culls five songs from each of the Dolls' two studio albums and adds the non-LP track "Lone Star Queen." The selections are solid: From the first album, "Personality Crisis," "Looking for a Kiss," "Trash," "Pills," and "Jet Boy" were chosen. One could argue that it would have been nice to include "Lonely Planet Boy," one of the great punk ballads, to show off the bruised romantic heart of the band, but it isn't a criminal omission. The picks from Too Much Too Soon are "Babylon," "Stranded in the Jungle," "Puss 'N' Boots," "Don't Start Me Talkin'," and "(There's Gonna Be A) Showdown" -- great songs, one and all. The inclusion of "Lone Star Queen" is questionable; it isn't a very good song and the compilers were probably throwing in a "rarity" just for rarity's sake. It would have been better to include another song from the albums. Heck, you should probably just spend the money and buy the two albums instead of this sampler. Once you hear the New York Dolls' raucous brand of rock, you'll want all you can get. ~ Tim Sendra
Music from The Old Grey Whistle Test, Volume 2 (DVD)(11)
$7.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Zinc Alloy and the Hidden Riders of Tomorrow [Expanded Ed.]... (CD)(5)
$14.81 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Buck Clayton How Hi The Fi (featuring Woody Herman) / Jumpin' At The Woodside (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists For Collectors Only - Rarities, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE