Free The Best of Free - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$3.85 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.13 (68% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 6, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: A&M
- $0.99 on iTunes1.I'm A Mover
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Walk In My Shadow
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I'll Be Creepin'
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Fire And Water
- $1.29 on iTunes5.All Right Now
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Heavy Load
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Stealer
- $0.69 on iTunes8.Mr. Big
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Catch A Train
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Wishing Well
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Come Together In The Morning
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Free: Paul Rodgers (vocals, acoustic & eletric guitars); Paul Kossoff, Snuffy Walden (guitar); Rabbit Bundrick (piano, electric piano, organ, background vocals); Tetsu Yamauchi (bass, percussion); Andy Fraser (bass guitar); Simon Kirke (drums, percussion, background vocals); Rebop Kwaku Baah (congas).
Producers: Guy Stevens, Chris Blackwell, Free, Andy Johns.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Recorded between 1968 & 1973. Includes liner notes by Dave Thompson.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of A&M Records "Millenium Collection" series.
Personnel: Paul Rodgers (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); John "Rabbit" Bundrick (vocals, piano, electric piano, organ); Simon Kirke (vocals, drums, percussion); Paul Kossoff, W.G. Snuffy Walden (guitar); Tetsu Yamauchi (bass guitar, percussion); Andy Fraser (bass guitar); Rebop Kwaku Baah (congas).
Liner Note Author: Dave Thompson .
Photographer: Randy Alpert.
Some would argue that a single-disc collection doesn't do Free much justice, and that even a single-disc collection merits more than 11 songs (though this CD really isn't that short, adding up to 46 minutes). Still, for those who want a heavy dose of Free, there are more than one multi-disc set available. This is a pretty good sample of their 1968-1973 output, focusing understandably most heavily on Fire and Water (the 1970 album with "All Right Now") but including at least a track from all of the LPs they put out during the period. Those familiar primarily with the single "All Right Now" might be surprised at how moody, sometimes even downbeat, much of this blues-rock is. While Free lacked the oomph of Led Zeppelin, they were at the same time more concise and seriously emotional than many such bands of the era, at least on the songs selected for this disc. ~ Richie Unterberger
Head EastThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.34 Super Savings
Humble PieThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$4.77 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$3.85 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Art Blakey Night In Tunisia / Play Lerner And Loewe (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Byrd Travelin' Man / The Touch of Gold (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE