H.G. Wells' The Time Machine
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
- Behind-the-scenes documentary Time Machine: The Journey Back, hosted by Rod Taylor and featuring Alan Young, Whit Bissell, and others involved in the film.
- Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
- Interactive menus
- Theatrical trailor
- Filmographies of Taylor, Yvette Mimieux, Young and Pal
- Scene access
- Languages & Subtitles in English & Francais.
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 3, 2000
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Ending
- Making Of: THE JOURNEY BACK
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Rod Taylor & Alan Young|
|Performer:||Sebastian Cabot, Tom Helmore, Yvette Mimieux, Whit Bissell, Paul Frees & Alan Young|
|Directed by||George Pal|
|Edited by||George Tomasini|
|Screenwriting by||David Duncan|
|Composition by||Russell Garcia|
|Cinematography by||Paul Vogel|
|Art Direction by||George W. Davis|
|Produced by||George Pal|
"...All-out spectacle...[that] works marvelously..." -- Rating: A-
"The year's Oscar winner for special effects, this MACHINE is at least 802,701 miles ahead of 2002's Guy Pearce remake."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
OK - This was another George Pal movie that ROCKED! Based on one of HG Well's greatest novels, George Pal did it again! Only this time, a little smirk was on his face for some cute little statements (check out the fashion dummy's change of clothes as our hero goes through the immediate future).
Quite a movie - and some real good acting and special effects. The photography and setting designs were very convincing, and Mr. Taylor did a fine job in the starring role - so did Yvette Mimieux in as the co-starring female Eloi in this film. All I can say about the Warlocks were that they all needed so see a real good Orthodontist and perhaps dye their hair a different color. They all looked like some bunch of the Hulk's grandmothers lurching around underground!
Seriouosly though, I loved the way Mr. Taylor returned to his present only a few seconds after he left even though he stayed in the future for a considerable number of days, only to return to it. Marty McFly (Back to the Future) can only be envious of this movie!
Take it from me - this IS a good flick to watch and enjoy!
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE