10cc The Best of 10cc - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
|You Save:||$1.02 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Player ~ Baby Come Back: The Best of Player ~ $9.72
- by Pablo Cruise ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $4.28
- by Rossington Collins Band ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.34
- by Grand Funk Railroad ~ Greatest Hits ~ $8.76
- by Badfinger ~ The Very Best of Badfinger ~ $14.85
Products with a similar style:
- Rod Stewart Ballad Album (CD) ~ $6.22
- Rod Stewart Never A Dull Moment (CD) ~ $5.97
- Rod Stewart The Rock Album (CD) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Rod Stewart The Story So Far: The Very Best of Rod Stewart (CD) ~ $13.43
- Released: February 12, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Island / Mercury
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Life Is A Minestrone
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Channel Swimmer
- $0.69 on iTunes3.I'm Not In Love
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Art For Art's Sake
- $0.99 on iTunes5.I'm Mandy Fly Me
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Don't Hang Up
- $1.29 on iTunes7.The Things We Do For Love
- $0.99 on iTunes8.People In Love
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Good Morning Judge
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Dreadlock Holiday
- $0.99 on iTunes11.For You and I
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
10cc: Eric Stewart, Lol Creme (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Graham Gouldman (vocals, guitar, bass); Kevin Godley (vocals, drums, percussion).
Producers include: 10cc, Eric Stewart, Graham Gouldman.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Recorded at Strawberry Studios, Stockport, England between December 1974 and February 1978. Includes liner notes by Joseph F. Laredo.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of Mercury's "20th Century Masters" series.
Personnel: Eric Stewart, Lol Creme (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Graham Gouldman (vocals, guitar, bass guitar); Kevin Godley (vocals, drums, percussion).
Recording information: Strawberry Studios, Stockport, Cheshire, England (12/1974-02/1978).
Photographers: Wayne Knight Collection; Michael Ochs Archives.
10cc is one of those bands that creates problems for the compilers of compilations because they changed record companies, spreading their catalog around. The good news, from the viewpoint of American fans, is that most of the group's U.S. hits reside in the archives of one of the major labels, Universal Music, which is responsible for the 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection series of midline-priced best-of collections. 10cc began life on the UK Records label, for which the band scored a series of British hits in 1972-1974, none of which are featured here. The only one of those to reach the U.S. charts was "Rubber Bullets." Then the group switched to Mercury for the 1975 British hit "Life Is a Minestrone" (included here). They made their American breakthrough with the pop ballad "I'm Not in Love" later that year. (Both it and its non-LP B-side "Channel Swimmer" are included.) "I'm Not in Love" was not really typical of this eclectic, arty band, but subsequent singles scored only modestly in the U.S. (while continuing to hit the Top Ten at home) until another pop ballad, "The Things We Do for Love," restored them to favor in America in early 1977. They remained basically a two-hit wonder stateside, but this collection, which features eight of their nine U.S. chart entries, gives a good sense of their ambitious, conceptual approach to music, an approach that occasionally embraced light, romantic pop tunes like their two big American hits. Of course, a comprehensive collection would have to include the early hits, but for U.S. fans who heard the band on the radio between 1975 and 1979, this inexpensive set should do fine. ~ William Ruhlmann
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE