- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Mono - French
- Mono - Spanish
- Stereo Surround - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 03/01/1989
"...There's a lightness of touch and a deftness in the use of the moving camera..."
New York Times - 07/22/1988
"...A most enjoyable high comedy...Several [performances] are knockouts..."
In the beautiful seaside retreat for the very, very rich, an extraordinary young man endowed with mysterious electrifying powers sets the sedate upper-crust society on its heels.
Theophilus North, a young Yale graduate arrives in 1926 Newport and takes a job as a reader for a wealthy invalid. North possesses a curious talent: His body holds electricity and his touch produces a small electric shock. The townspeople believe his touch has magic curative powers which arouses the suspicion and envy in the local doctor.
Theatrical Release |
- Produced by Heritage Entertainment.
- Color by Metrocolor.
- Additional credits: Sandra Nathanson (set decorator); David R. Ames & Sandra Birnhak Ames (associate producers).