- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 27, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Stereo Surround - French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
- Featurette: "Groovy Gravy"
- Behind the Scenes: "Inside A GUY THING"
- Alternate Scenes:
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Endings
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 01/17/2003
"...There's enough chemistry between the leads, a few ludicrous plot twists and a fair amount of laughs to entertain audiences..."
Sight and Sound - 05/01/2003
"...Julia Stiles brings poise and intelligence to Becky..."
Paul (Jason Lee) is about to marry Karen (Selma Blair), by all accounts the perfect woman. Yet at his bachelor party, he finds himself smitten by a clumsy Tiki-girl, Becky (Julia Stiles), and wakes up hung over the next morning only to find her in his bed. Guilt-stricken by the situation, he would like to tell Karen what he did. The only problem is that he doesn't remember what happened. As Paul tries to find out the truth, the discovery that Becky is actually his fiancée's cousin is all the more shocking. And to make matters even worse, Becky's psychotic ex-boyfriend, Ray (Lochlyn Munro), is a crooked cop who is determined to get Paul out of Becky's life by any means necessary. Ultimately, Paul must decide whether to marry Karen and take the logical next step, or to take a cue from Becky and embrace his more spontaneous and creative side. This slightly quirky romantic comedy from director Chris Koch (SNOW DAY) features a healthy dose of slapstick from Lee, who is well-suited for the role. James Brolin appears as Karen's macho father, and Julie Hagerty plays Paul's mildly flaky mother.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release Date: January 17, 2003