- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 19 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Acclaimed actress Diane Keaton (ANNIE HALL) makes an impressive directorial debut with this offbeat documentary which takes on ideas about the afterlife. A light and amusing look at one of the deepest, most universal human questions, HEAVEN combines amusing opinions about the afterlife with clips from classic films including METROPOLIS and STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Pull up a cloud and take a ride through Heaven. Created and directed by the multi-talented Diane Keaton (Annie Hall, Baby Boom), "Heaven" takes a wonderfully lighthearted look at the Great Beyond. Keaton intersperses outrageous interviews with extraordinary film footage from such European and American film classics as "Metropolis," "Green Pastures" and "Stairway to Heaven." It is truly the ultimate coming attraction!
Diane Keaton combines humorous interviews with a variety of stars and film clips from classic movies like "Metropolis," "Green Pastures," and "Stairway to Heaven" to evoke images of that dreamy place called "Heaven." In this whimsical look at the afterlife, she ponders questions like: do people have sex there; and if so, what's it like'
Clips And Highlights |
- Directorial debut for actress Diane Keaton.
- Diane Keaton described why she decided to make this film: "Heaven was always kind of this vague place to me. I mean, it's like a dream, it's such a surreal thing. As a little girl I believed in heaven and had great hopes to go to heaven. As far as I'm concerned, I think everybody has a shot at heaven. I've always been fascinated by sort of heavenly imagery and thought it would make an interesting film."