2 May 1924, Vienna, Austria. Bikel is a prolific stage and screen actor as well as a respected folk singer and musician. He left Austria with his parents in 1937, and was raised in Palestine. Though he was a talented linguist, Bikel opted to join the Habimah Theatre and later co-founded the Israeli Chamber Theatre. In 1946 he entered the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England. He arrived in the USA in the late 40s. In 1951 he landed his first big film role, appearing as the First Officer in John Hustons The African Queen. Eight years later he appeared as Captain Von Trapp with Mary Martin in the Broadway production of The Sound Of Music. His other stage appearances have included national starring roles in Zorba and Fiddler On The Roof.
Bikels Jewish background enabled him to build up a comprehensive repertoire of Eastern European, Russian and Yiddish songs, and he is also fluent in over half a dozen European and middle...
- Theodore Bikel Action & Adventure Movies
- Theodore Bikel Comedy Movies
- Theodore Bikel Documentaries
- Theodore Bikel Drama Movies
- Theodore Bikel Folk
- Theodore Bikel Horror Movies
- Theodore Bikel Kids & Family Movies
- Theodore Bikel Musicals & The Arts
- Theodore Bikel Mystery & Thriller Movies
- Theodore Bikel Television
- Theodore Bikel War Shows & Movies
- Theodore Bikel World