13 March 1962, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. One of several brilliant young musicians emerging from New Orleans in the 80s, Blanchard began playing piano at the age of five and sang with a vocal group, the Harlem Harmony Kings. He took up the trumpet at the age of eight and began lessons in his early teens while studying at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts under Ellis Marsalis, father of Blanchards contemporaries and fellow New Orleanians, Branford Marsalis and Wynton Marsalis. A year later, Blanchard was studying composition and in 1980 went to Rutgers University. That same year he joined Lionel Hampton, with whom he played for two years before replacing Wynton Marsalis in Art Blakeys Jazz Messengers. At the same time, Donald Harrison, a fellow student from his days in New Orleans, replaced Branford in the Messengers.
Blanchard stayed with Blakey until 1986 when he formed his own band with Harrison. In the 90s, he became...
- Terence Blanchard Action & Adventure Movies
- Terence Blanchard Comedy Movies
- Terence Blanchard Documentaries
- Terence Blanchard Drama Movies
- Terence Blanchard Jazz
- Terence Blanchard Kids & Family Movies
- Terence Blanchard Mystery & Thriller Movies
- Terence Blanchard Pop / Rock
- Terence Blanchard Soundtrack