15 April 1948, New York City, New York, USA, d. 18 November 2003, London, England. A former member of the 60s rock/classical crossover band the New York Rock And Roll Ensemble, this prolific composer, conductor, and arranger worked predominantly in the world of film.
After studying the oboe at the Juilliard School of Music, Kamen contributed some music to the off-beat rock western movie Zachariah in 1971. Later in the 70s, he wrote the complete scores for The Next Man, Between The Lines, and Stunts. During the 80s he scored and co-composed the music for several movies with some of contemporary pop musics most illustrious names, such as Eric Clapton (Lethal Weapon, Homeboy, and Lethal Weapon II), George Harrison (Shanghai Surprise), David A. Stewart (Rooftops), and Herbie Hancock (Action Jackson). Subsequently, Kamen scored some of the periods most entertaining and diverting UK and US movies, which included Venom, The Wall,...
- Michael Kamen Action & Adventure Movies
- Michael Kamen Comedy Movies
- Michael Kamen Drama Movies
- Michael Kamen Heavy Metal
- Michael Kamen Horror Movies
- Michael Kamen Kids & Family Movies
- Michael Kamen Mystery & Thriller Movies
- Michael Kamen Pop / Rock
- Michael Kamen Sci-Fi / Fantasy Movies
- Michael Kamen Soundtrack
- Michael Kamen Television
- Michael Kamen War Shows & Movies