Alexandre Michel Gérard Desplat, 23 August 1961, Paris, France. Desplats parents, French father and Greek mother, met while students in California, USA. After their marriage they moved to France where he was born. At the age of five, he began playing piano and also became proficient on trumpet and flute. He studied with Claude Ballif and Iannis Xenakis in France and with Jack Hayes in the USA. Desplats musical interests were wide and he was also influenced by South American and African artists and teachers, among whom were Carlinhos Brown and Ray Lema.
Desplat swiftly became skilled not only as a performer but also as a composer and it was in the latter role that he gained fame. He has composed extensively for films, first in France and later in Hollywood, including scores and incidental music for some 100 films among which are Lapse Of Memory and Family Express (both 1992), Regarde Les Hommes Tomber (1994), Les...
- Alexandre Desplat Action & Adventure Movies
- Alexandre Desplat Comedy Movies
- Alexandre Desplat Drama Movies
- Alexandre Desplat Foreign Films
- Alexandre Desplat Jazz
- Alexandre Desplat Kids & Family Movies
- Alexandre Desplat Mystery & Thriller Movies
- Alexandre Desplat Pop / Rock
- Alexandre Desplat Sci-Fi / Fantasy Movies
- Alexandre Desplat Soundtrack